Details & Highlights
Details from Polk Audio
Polk Audio LCi-IP Ultra High Performance In-Wall/ In-Ceiling Loudspeakers are the world`s first active Internet Protocol-ready Loudspeakers. They were created for IP networked systems such as the ground-breaking NetStreams DigiLinx system but also provide vast convenience and performance benefits when used in analog systems. Integrated digital amplifiers eliminate remote amplifiers connected via hundreds of feet of lossy, performance-robbing speaker wires. The performance benefits of local amplification are nothing short of stunning. The built-in Digital Signal Processor (DSP) and supplied Room Correction Software program enable every LCi-IP speaker to be optimized for maximum performance in any room. What`s more, the LCi-IP series already comes with an award-winning reputation, because they use the same driver technologies as Polk Audio`s award winning high-end LSi Series
- Integrators will access the DSP using a laptop PC connected via a mini USB port on the front baffle of the speaker or through the network when used in an IP network Polk supplies installers with a PC-based Performance Optimization Wizard (POW) software interface that makes the speaker position and room acoustics optimization virtually foolproof.
- Amplifiers integrated into the speakers eliminates losses associated with long runs of cable and passive crossover parts, creating higher fidelity
- Tri-amplified with electronic crossover eliminates power loss and phase shift for better sound
- High Power (200 Watts) for incredible dynamic range, 100 watts to the woofer, 75 watts for the midrange and 25 watts for the tweeter.
- Efficient, cool running digital amplifiers
- Powered by 48V DC local power supply (not included with product)
- DSP allows factory set speaker EQ correction
- DSP allows unprecedented room correction EQ for sound quality that can exceed free-standing speakers
The world`s first Active IP addressable loudspeakers
- Connects to Internet Protocol audio distribution systems via Ethernet cable (with addition of optional Net Streams StreamNet card)
- Pure digital signal all the way to the power amplifier outputs, with no losses and perfect fidelity when used within an IP audio distribution system
- Speakers automatically announce themselves to IP system
- An open architecture StreamNet(TM) card (optional-not supplied with speaker) welcomes integration with any system capable of streaming packet-switched audio in WAV or MP-3 format and TCP-IP control.
Required SPS-I Power Supply (not included)
- A single SPS-I Power Supply can power up to one pair of LC265i-IP speakers or two pair of LC80i-IP speakers. A NetStreams power supply can drive the LC80i-IP. Approximate USA Suggested Retail Price $700.
Every LCi-IP Speaker Comes With An Award-Winning Reputation
- The LC265i-IP was selected by a panel of industry expert judges as The Best In-Wall Loudspeaker Over $1000.
- Virtually invisible placement in every conceivable location.
- Ring Radiator Tweeters (the same tweeters used in the LSi Series) for smooth, extended highs with incredible accuracy and astonishing detail.
- 15 degrees swivel tweeters for direct high frequency control and excellent imaging even for off-axis listening positions.
- Polk`s patented Power Port bass venting system for extended deep bass response, improved efficiency and lowerdistortion. The LC265i model is the first in-wall speaker to feature the patented Power Port bass venting system for superior bass response and low distortion.
- Aerated Polypropylene Dynamic Balance(TM) Cones (LC265i-IP): stiff and yet surprisingly lightweight-20% lighter than conventional polypropylene and 35% lighter than aluminum cones for spectacular midrange clarity, punchy bass and high efficiency. Durable, moisture resistant materials, including Butyl Rubber surrounds, for safe use in kitchen, bath & sauna.
- Paintable, powder-coated Aluminum Grilles allow LCi Series speakers to virtually disappear in your room!
- In-wall Performance Enclosures are available for exact volume enclosure performance in pre-build installations.
- Installation is easy as 1-2-3: cut one hole, feed the wires, and simply drop the speaker in. Rotating Cams secure the speaker safely with no extra assembly or mess.
- Rough-In kit (pre-construction bracket) model # PB LC/TC 265 available. No bracket is needed for post-construction retrofit installations or when the Performance Enclosure is used.
- Timbre-matched to Polk Audio`s LSi Series Ultra High Performance Loudspeakers.
- Wide dispersion design for uniform sound-coverage throughout even large rooms.
- Composite Driver Basket(R) construction: composite driver baskets keep moving parts in rigid alignment and damps performance-robbing resonance.
- Glass-filled Composite Baffle provides a dense, acoustically inert platform for the speaker`s high end components.
- Rust resistant hardware and durable, moisture resistant materials for safe use in bathrooms, kitchens, saunas, even under outdoor eaves.
The DSP controls the electronic crossover, frequency equalization, bass enhancement and room correction. With the Performance Optimization Wizard software optimizes each speaker for its location and room environment. Simply take a series of room dimensions, the speaker location in the room and how the speaker is configured. Input those measurements into the Room Correction Software program, and each LCi-IP is configured to deliver outstanding performance.
Performance Optimization Wizard
Features & Specs
Included Coverage from Polk Audio: 5 Years Parts / 5 Years Labor -Carry In Service
Category ID: 63 | $1,450.00